Friday, January 20, 2012

Sledding

This last monday was such a nice day out that I took the opportunity to take the kids outside to play. While we were in the garage getting Cooper strapped into the wagon, the only easy spot to put him while outside with snow on the ground, Josie found her sled. So, I decided to try and see if Josie would sled down the hill. The hill isn't very steep by the barn, but steep enough for a 2 year old to try sledding. I made the first path down the hill with Josie watching. When I got back up to the top, Josie decided that she should get to try sledding. I asked her if she wanted to go on my lap or if she wanted to go by herself. She said she wanted to go by herself so I just held onto the rope connected to the sled and ran down the hill beside her. When we got to the bottom of the hill she was crying. I thought for sure that she was scared but when I asked what was wrong she said she wanted to go by herself and not have me hang onto the rope. So, back up the hill we went so she could go by herself. This time I got her on the sled and sent her down the hill running alongside(mainly to make sure that she didn't veer off course and run into the barbed wire fence). She was all smiles at the bottom of the hill. After that she was going down the hill and bring the sled back up all by herself. I can't believe how big and brave she is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment